Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Some all occasion cards

I thought I'd take a break from winter/xmas cards and make some for other occasions. I saw some new Hero Arts stamps online yesterday and went crazy and HAD to get them. You all know how that is, right? DH was with me (at a certain big box scrapbooking store with the initial "A") and as we were walking around the store I noticed him looking all over like he's looking for someone. He leans over and says "Besides one other kid being dragged around by his mother, there are no other males in this store!" I had to laugh. I feel the same way at West Marine!

Anyway, here's a couple of the cards and I'll have a couple more tomorrow. I still need to make some more gift card holders too. I am taking the week off from the office (mostly anyways) and so hope to get a good bit of straightening up done in here - the blogoversary blog candy pile continues to grow!


The top card uses one of the new HA stamps. The middle card uses the new Vintage Vogue set from SU (this one is destined to become a favorite of mine). The background was stamped using a champagne dazzle Versamark pad and the new Very Vintage wheel from SU, but you can't really see the subtle glitter in the photo. The bottom card also has the wheel stamped in the background on the card base and also embossed in gold on the lace strip (cut with a new MS deep cut edge punch). The sentiments on the top two cards are also from a new SU set called Well Scripted (I just love the font used on these). Card stocks used are Handsome Hunter, Not Quite Navy and Soft Suede with Rose Red, Very Vanilla and white.

Thanks for visiting.

~chris

A Proud member of The Lime Light
Come visit us and see what we've been up to.
Design Team Member - Kaboodle Doodles

If you have any questions about techniques or materials used in the work displayed on this blog, feel free to use the email link on the left and I will gladly answer your questions.

3 comments:

Diane said...

I hear ya on making other cards. As much as we love making xmas cards,after making sooooo many,it's nice to make something else. Well those are all so pretty Chris! DH must of felt pretty special being the only male there!!
Ha!Ha! Enjoy your week off,you deserve it!!!!

Juanita said...

I love your Hero Arts card. GASP! It is so fresh {that color is perfection for this card} and I really like the images surrounding the sentiment.
I hope you enjoy your time off. I feel sort of ready for my guests and Christmas. I guess what does not get done, is not important.

Allison Rankin said...

Look at all the swirls in those sentiments...pretty!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....