Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

BFF fun and Sassy Chic Camp Card`

Over this long weekend Sabrina and I took a little road trip to Colorado Springs and Southwest Denver. We had a fantastic day of touring the wonders of Simple Pleasures in Colorado Springs and then we paid a visit to Stamping to See You and did we ever luck out!!! Bonnie was having a class using stamps from Holly Berry House (we tried to visit there when we were in the Springs but there was some kind of humongous street fair and we couldn't even get close). Here's the card I made in the class:


Such fun!!!! Lots of stamping, embossing, painting and cutting but oh my .... I love the end result! The lack of sunlight really does not do justice to this card as it is very sparkly and vibrant irl. Maybe I'll try to get a better picture when the sun comes out and stays out!

I will be at the Sassy Chic stamp camp in Longmont on June 4 (if you want details, just email me). This will be the card you will make at my table:


I guess I'm officially obsessed with butterflies this year! Card base is white with dp from two retired dsp packs. The middle butterflies are die cut with the Big Shot and the outer two are punched from white cardstock put through the dotted swiss embossing folder. The two strips of purple were cut with the trim die on the Big Shot.

Thanks for visiting!

chris

Design Team Coordinator:
Sentimental Sundays
Kaboodle Doodles

If you have any questions about techniques or materials used in the work displayed on this blog, feel free to use the email link on the left and I will gladly answer your questions.

5 comments:

Curt in Indy said...

You can never do enough butterflies in my opinion! These two cards are beautiful! I love that ginormous butterfly on the first one. All the layers and coloring looks like a lot of work and you did it beautifully! Great stuff! Hope you are well! Best, Curt

Faye said...

Wow, Chrs that first butterfly is beautiful! Both cards are fab, but the first is really striking. xxx

The Rubber Maid said...

Wow that butterfly is awesome..love it and I'm sure you had fun doing it in the class. Pat

Diane said...

Super gorgeous butterfly!!!
Love your obsession!!!!

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

Love both cards! The butterflies are fantastic! Love the layers and the sparkles! The 2nd one is very elegant and classy! Glad to be on SS with you! Look forward to getting to know you and see more of your fabulous designs!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....