Pages

Monday, July 14, 2014

Excuses, Excuses

I  have more than a few - adjusting to retired life, being busier than ever, DH off and living on Belmira, long gone child home with his dog and two cats, three youngest all going through life changes, craft cave being totally remodeled, and me too!

Blogging will most likely be sporadic for the near future ... but I'm here, I'm alive and I am adjusting to all the changes life is throwing at me.

I'm still doing my monthly 12 Months of Christmas classes and here's the card we're doing this month:



Here's the card for June:


Here's the card for May:


I head for Belmira on the 22nd of July and will be living aboard until Sept. 8.  I am taking my yarn projects (knitting and crocheting) and my watercolors (my class in the spring was awesome and I  hope to continue to grow with my painting while sailing).  The watercolor class is through The Women's Connection here in central Colorado and I cannot say enough about how wonderful it is to meet up with creative women once a week as we explore our creative selves and our connection to each other!

I also have several friends going through life altering health issues.  This is so difficult for them, but also for those who love them.  You don't know what to do, how to respond, how to comfort.  Until you face this yourself, you just don't know what they are facing as each day dawns.  Difficult for everyone involved I guess.

I will miss the Stampin' Up! convention this year, but look forward to hearing all the wonderful details from my demo buddies who actually made it.  I did several stamp camps and some wonderful fun things with my creative buddies, but have fallen really behind in taking photos of the astounding creativity.  Hopefully I will do better when I get home in September!

Enough, enough I guess.  I will share my journey as I can and I hope that is ... enough ...!

Thanks for visiting! 

Photobucket
If you have any questions about the techniques or materials used in the work displayed on this blog, feel free to use the email link on the left and I will gladly answer your questions.

2 comments:

Myrna said...

Wow !! Sounds like you are finding retirement busier than when you were working full time. :)
Enjoy your time with DH and Belmira.
Myrna

Jill said...

Hi Chris. No matter when you post I look forward to it. Have a great time on belmira and enjoy your various crafting projects. Jill x

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....