Pages

Friday, July 15, 2016

July Downline Meeting

Each month, the Rocky Mountain Inky Fingers group gets together to share creativity and celebrate each other.  This month one of the gals from up in the mountains is having some issues with her Baby Bear stamp set.  I wanted to have my make and take project try to address some of the issues.  I made a couple of samples to start out with:


and then finally settled on a design for the make and take project:
I used my MISTI on all of these (which I know made it much easier than for someone that does not have one - yet), but I will also be bringing along blocks, a Stamp-a-ma-Jig and my foam pad from the die brush set as I think the coverage issues can be helped by having a bit of a squishy surface under the paper.  The nicest thing about the MISTI is that if you get uneven coverage, you can always ink it up again and re-stamp without worrying about your images being lined up!  The Stamp-a-ma-Jig also works for this but since getting my MISTI, I really have not used it that much.  I am hoping that somehow SU finds a way to make this wonderful tool available to my customers!

Here are the products I used for the make and take project:

I also used the bow from the Balloon Framelits (#137362) set to cut out his little bow tie!

Thanks for visiting! 

Photobucket
If you have any questions about the techniques or materials used in the work displayed on this blog, feel free to use the email link on the left and I will gladly answer your questions.

4 comments:

LeAnne said...

This little bear is a treasure, no matter which way you stamp him!

Wanda Williams said...

Really cute. I was on the fence on this set, but I think it's going on my wish list. Gee, thanks Chris!!! LOL

Wanda said...

Such a cute bear! Adorable cards!

Stef H said...

great cards. for some reason that stamp did not appeal to me. go figure. who doesn't like teddy bears????

had my 10th visit testing at therapy and passed with flying colors. my limp, however, is prevalent but it has nothing to do with my hips. seems my right knee turns inward - which it's been doing for the past year as i pulled something last summer. i was told i have spurs and the knee is arthritic. i'm gonna ask my therapist if i should brace it or ace bandage it. i certainly don't want another surgery anytime soon.

all else is good and i'm loving the new BIG SHOT.

hugs :)

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....