Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2023

More Adventures with Two-Tone Flora

I woke up this morning thinking about this stamp set and had to play with it some more. Here are two more cards:

I don't often make top folding cards, but both of these are. The large die is a bit of work, but I think it's well worth it! The card bases are Basic White with layers of Fresh Freesia and Balmy Blue underneath the large die cut piece. The die is from the Two-Tone Flora die set as are the dies used to cut the flowers and leaves. I used Fresh Freesia, Pale Papaya and Balmy Blue for the flowers and Granny Apple Green for the leaves. I think I would go with a darker color for the accents on the flowers though, Tone on tone just doesn't quite cut it. I added a computer generated sentiment and some rhinestones to add some bling! I found this card by Amy Koenders this morning and watched the video and got some ideas for making these. She used the tone on tone technique, but I think that I might try something a bit different next time I make cards with this set. The card from yesterday used a darker color for the accents and I think I like that style better.

Thanks for visiting and I hope you are all staying healthy and safe!  
If you have any questions about the techniques or materials used in the work displayed on this blog, feel free to use the email link on the left and I will gladly answer your questions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....