Pages

Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween!

Hi there!  Surprised to see me?  I think I'm finally ready to get back to the business of life.  I'm home, the Captain is also home and we are both getting back to living the retired life!  It's all good!

I have lots and lots to share both creatively and from my new perspective on life as a retired person!

First up - tomorrow is the annual Sassy Chic Christmas Luncheon and it is going to be spectacular!  Here is the card the gals will be making at my table:




There is much adjusting going on around here - we didn't really have time to figure out the whole retirement thing before the Captain left for the ship, so we're working on how our days will go as we go along.  Lots of projects, lots of things that need attention from one or both of us.  I really am hoping to get back into the clay studio soon - Christmas is coming after all.  I also want to get the sewing machine out and pull out some of that stored yarn that is screaming at me to make something with it.  I'm also taking a water color painting class - something I have wanted to do since my (very long ago) college days.  I guess what my aunties and uncles have told me is really true - I am busier now that I am retired than I was when I was working!  Love it, love it, love it!

Please hang in there with me as I move through this adjustment period to the latest phase of my life.  Lots of crises going on with our 5 sons that impact us as well as all of our darling grandchildren.  New faces, old faces, new relationships - am loving it and hating it at the same time.  New and unexpected health issues as I get older as well, nothing death defying but definitely things to pay attention to.  

I really do appreciate all of you for your support of this crazy blog.  My Blogoversary is coming up soon (in spite of what the counter says).  On December 31 we will be 7 years old!  Doesn't seem possible that I have been at this that long but ...

As always, comments are so very welcome and I am so grateful to all of you for being there!

Thanks for visiting! 

Photobucket
If you have any questions about the techniques or materials used in the work displayed on this blog, feel free to use the email link on the left and I will gladly answer your questions.

1 comments:

Myrna said...

Welcome back dear friend,
So happy to open the mail and see you there.
Glad to hear life is treating you well.
I often wonder how we worked full time and did all the things we did as well.
Take care.
Myrna

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....