Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2023

Playing with Two-Tone Flora

I saw this card and given my love affair with Poppy Parade I felt it only right to give it a try. Here is the result:
I made the card base Poppy Parade so that the gorgeous die cut could highlight the color underneath. I made several flowers and had a hard time lining things up. If anyone has any tips on how that works I would love to hear from you. The darker color is Merry Merlot and the flower is Poppy Parade. I then cut them out using one of the flower dies in the Two Tone Flora die set. The leaves were stamped with Pear Pizzazz and then cut with the die. I added a computer generated sentiment cut with a Stitched Rectangle die and called it done! I want to play some more with this stamp/die set, so look forward to a few more samples. The big die has a lot of pieces to cut and pop out, but in the long run it's worth it for special cards. I don't think I would do it for a camp though as I would need to cut too many.

Thanks for visiting and I hope you are all staying healthy and safe!  
If you have any questions about the techniques or materials used in the work displayed on this blog, feel free to use the email link on the left and I will gladly answer your questions.

1 comments:

Wanda said...

So pretty. I struggled with that big background die. I LOVE what you did with it!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....