Pages

Friday, January 6, 2017

Still Playing WIth My New Toys

I am still having a blast playing with all the new fun things I got from the new Celebrations and Sale-a-Bration catalogs!  So many wonderful items and I anticipate being busy with them for quite a while.

This one uses the gorgeous new Beautiful You set with a background I created using the Touches of Texture set.  I am loving browns these days (maybe because it is so white outside right now).  You can't see it in this photo, but I brushed some clear Wink of Stella on the centers of the flowers and it is very sparkly.  I stamped the flower outline in Whisper White and the solid flower in Soft Suede.  The ovals are from the Stitched Shapes die set and the Layering Ovals die set.  I colored her dress and hat by pulling the Soft Suede ink from the stamped outline with an aqua-painter (a very fun technique).


This card uses some of the Falling in Love designer paper from the Occasions catalog and features one of the dragonfly shapes from the Detailed Dragonfly dies cut in gold and another die in the So Detailed dies cut in Crumb Cake.  I stamped the sentiment and the flowers from the Best  Birds stamp set and cut it out with a Stitched Shapes die (I absolutely LOVE those dies!) 
I have been surfing Pinterest and am finding so many fun cards that inspire me.  I am so happy to be retired and able to spend time in the craft cave creating my own takes on some of these gorgeous and fun cards.

I'll be back soon with details on the upcoming Stamp Camp North stamp camp with a picture of my card and all the details on how you can join in the fun.  Hopefully, I will also be able to share with you all the fun cards from tomorrow's Sassy Chic Stamp Camp!

Thanks for visiting! 

Photobucket
If you have any questions about the techniques or materials used in the work displayed on this blog, feel free to use the email link on the left and I will gladly answer your questions.

1 comments:

Myrna said...

OOOOh so pretty.
Glad you are finding time for the craft cave. I have the time but not the inclination. LOL
Myrna

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....