Pages

Monday, August 21, 2017

Longmont Senior Center - August 21, 2017 - Last Card

Here is the last card we will be making today at the Longmont Senior Center:


You can see the others here, here and here.  This card uses a card base of Tranquil Tide and a strip of the Fresh Florals dsp pack mounted on a layer of heavy white cardstock.  The leaves are from the Colorful Seasons stamp set and die bundle and were stamped with Early Espresso ink on Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry and Tranquil Tide and then cut using the accompanying die.  The sentiments both inside and out are from the Painted Harvest set which will be on sale starting September 1..

I was inspired by this card, but found that using the delicate die was just not working out for me and thought that the solid leaf would be easier for my seniors to work with.  I think it came out just as nice though!

I also wanted to share another project with you.  I have been making these shopping bags for a couple of years now.  They are the perfect project for when we are out on the boat or traveling in the RV or when we are watching the Rockies hopefully beat whoever they are playing against!  They are fun and easy and my mom just loves hers.
I am not particularly good at taking pictures of my needlework projects, but wanted to share this one.  This one is done in pale yellows and white, but I also love to make them in much more colorful shades.  My mom particularly likes the turquoise/.white/purple ones I make!  I was really afraid I was going to run out of this yellow cotton yarn and have to use some other colors to finish the handle, but as you can see I made it with a little to spare!  This is a crochet project that combines several different patterns as the original pattern I was using had handles that just were not as sturdy as I hoped they would be.  My mom tends to fill these to capacity (and then some) and the handles really needed to be sturdier.

I have finally decided on the design for my holdiay catalog swap with some of my fellow demonstrators and will show that to you later in the week along with my project for this Saturday's Rose Hill Grange stamp camp.  Here is some more info on that camp:
It is really a very fun camp and we always have a wonderful time stamping and creating together.  If you want additional information about this camp, please leave me a comment or send me an email (link in the sidebar).

Thanks for visiting! 

If you have any questions about the techniques or materials used in the work displayed on this blog, feel free to use the email link on the left and I will gladly answer your questions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....