Pages

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Greetings from Alaska!

Well I'm here and it's cold, rainy and the sun is up for 19 hours and 21 minutes, I only wish I could see it! I'm glad I took some card pictures to share with you before I left because it is way to dreary here to take pictures. Here is one of the cards I made at the Sassy Chic Stampers stamp camp that I attended before I left town. We made a total of 10 cards that day and WOW did I have a grand time. I learned so much and met so many talented stampers!


Card base is Kraft with panels of Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise and Island Oasis dp (all from SU). Stamps used are from the Pocket Silhouettes set and were stamped on Very Vanilla and punched with a square punch then layered on So Saffron that had been punched using the scallop square punch. Fun!

I hope to be able to do some crafting while up here and I also need to get the handouts out to my very patient attendees at my Big Shot Brunch. I haven't forgotten you guys!

I got my first Verizon bill since dh left town and WOWZA - he has a plan that lets him call Verizon to Verizon with no fees, but get this - my plan is just for 45 minutes and I just found out that I HAVE TO PAY when I call him AND when he calls me even if he doesn't! YIKES - we need a new plan! The boat is now in the water and he is officially living aboard! He hasn't had internet access so his blog is in dire need of updating - hopefully with pictures soon!

Thanks for visiting!

~chris

Design Team Member:
Sentimental Sundays
Catch the Bug
Kaboodle Doodles


If you have any questions about techniques or materials used in the work displayed on this blog, feel free to use the email link on the left and I will gladly answer your questions.


5 comments:

Stef H said...

this is beautiful! wow 19 hrs of sun! and yes, you need a new phone plan!!!!

stay well, stay safe and stay happy.

Cheryl said...

Fabulous card! I love the lay out, colors, and paper piercing.

raindropecho said...

Wow, this card is so gorgeous, Chris! I hope that you've having an okay time there in Alaska :)
- Ann

Diane said...

Beautiful card! Wow,you def need a new plan! Have a great time in Alaska Chris!

Allison Rankin said...

What a great way to use this set! Love the mix with that DP!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....