Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2023

"Swap Card January 2023

My fellow demonstrator Cathy Hansen facilitates a swap for the January-April mini catalog and January-February SAB catalog. Each time a new catalog comes out, she hosts a swap and the cards are all wonderful! Here is mine for this swap:
This card uses the Two-Tone Flora stamp set and dies along with sentiments from the Framed Florets stamp set. Card base is Balmy Blue with a layer of Basic Black and then a layer of Basic White that was embossed using the Pretty Flowers embossing folder. The floral images were two-step stamped in Balmy Blue/Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight/Mango Melody and Flirty Flamingo/Polished Pink and then cut out using the appropriate dies. The leaf sprig was stamped in Garden Green and cut out using the die. The scalloped circle was cut out using the Layering Circles dies and the white sentiment piece was cut out using a die from the Stylish Shapes die set. I also made a sample using a Highland Heather/Gorgeous Grape combination on the smaller flower. Here that is:
I think that one will go in my stash and I like the pink one better. I am a big fan of anything purple, but in this case I think the pink looks brighter somehow.

It's snowing again here. It started last night and we have 6-8 on the ground now. It is supposed to stop by 5:00 p.m. but ... it's due to come back to town on Friday. Yuck. Our wonderful neighbor plowed our sidewalks and driveway with his snowblower. What a champ!

Thanks for visiting and I hope you are all staying healthy and safe!  

If you have any questions about the techniques or materials used in the work displayed on this blog, feel free to use the email link on the left and I will gladly answer your questions.

1 comments:

Diane said...

Beautiful card🥰

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....