Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Ronald F. Doucette - 1927-2012


This is a picture of me with my dad when we were both much younger.  I lost my dad on Sunday and I am missing him - a lot.  He was not a perfect person (I have yet to meet one of those), but he was kind and caring and I loved him so much.   I will miss his presence on this earth, but I will carry him with me always in my heart.

Here is his obituary:
Ronald F. Doucette
AGE: 85 • Port Murray

Ronald Doucette, 85, of Port Murray, NJ passed away on Oct. 21, 2012. Born in Boston, raised in Edinboro, PA, he served in the US Navy from Jan. 1945-July 1946. After graduating from Edinboro State College, Ron taught in Bradford, PA. Upon moving to NJ, he taught math in the Rockaway Twp School System from 1964-1989. He then did computer repairs for Montclair, Rockaway Twp and Mansfield Twp until 2001. Ron enjoyed gardening, fishing and travel.

He was predeceased by his parents Aime´ and Edith and brothers Forrest and Edward. Ron is survived by his wife Sandra, their son Timothy (Erica), children Christine (John), Ronald E (Cheryl), Marcia, Michelle, John (Nancy) and their mother Dolores. He also leaves grandchildren Aaron, Paula, Brian, Paul, David, Amy, Seth, Andrea, Nicole and John Jr., 3 great-grandchildren. Also mourning his loss are sisters Aimee (Richard), Eleonora, Edith (William) and brother Robert (Julia), sister-in-law Elizabeth and brothers-in-law David (Geraldine) and Robert Ball and many nieces and nephews.

Services for the family will be held in Edinboro PA at a later date.

 
Thanks for visiting!

chris

If you have any questions about the techniques or materials used in the work displayed on this blog, feel free to use the email link on the left and I will gladly answer your questions.

11 comments:

Myrna said...

Oh Chris I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my heart, mind and prayers through this difficult time.
I can certainly understand how much you miss him. Even though it has been many years since my parents passed I still miss them.
Hugs
Myrna

Joanne Travis said...

Chris, I am so sorry for your loss. I will be praying for you all in your time of sorrow.
Hugs,
Joanne

Jill said...

I'm so sorry to hear abut your dad. Just thinking of you. Jill x

LeAnne said...

So sorry to hear about your dad...I actually know where Port Murray is, too! Praying that the days ahead will be filled with comfort and fond memories for you. Wishing I could give you a big HUG!!!

Sue from Oregon said...

I am so sorry Chris. Hugs to you and your family. ♥ Sue Kment

Anne-Marie said...

So sorry to hear your sad news, Chris. I lost my lovely Dad 2 years ago, and I remember thinking that I was 59 but felt as if I was 9 years old.....I just wanted my Dad. I do hope that you may find comfort, strength and peace.

Joan V said...

Chris, so sorry for your loss.

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

I am so sorry to hear of your difficult loss. May the good memories you have of you and your father together sustain you during this difficult time.

Lisa D.

Curt in Indy said...

You have my deepest sympathies Chris. I'm so very sorry. I lost my Dad last year and we had been estranged for so many years. I didn't even know he had passed until someone sent me a card. But losing a parent, no matter what the situation, is sad. I'm thinking about you today. I loved that picture you shared. Hope you are doing well. . .Best, Curt

Diane said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Chris. Thinking of you and your family!
Diane

maliburita56 said...

Chris, I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of your father. I could tell by the pic that we must be close to the same age. My dad just turned 92 in October and I know our days with him are becoming more and more limited.

Praying for you and your family.

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....