Pages

Friday, January 23, 2015

Playing with Blue!

I'm making some (more) note card sets with boxes and was playing a bit with two of my favorite blues from Stampin' Up! - Marina Mist and Pacific Point.  Maybe its the nautical names, but I really love these two colors.  I paired them up with the new Painted Petals set and my all time favorite background, Something Lacy.


The top one is Pacific Point ink on Pacific Point paper and the flower is stamped in Marina Mist and mounted on Marina Mist.  The bottom one is just the opposite.  I'm liking the bottom one better for note cards, but the top one really packs a punch!  I will probably do several of each to include in the note card boxes.  The sentiment is from Mother's Love, also new in the Occasions mini catalog.

Thursday was DH's 71st birthday.  Here is the card I made for him:


I was inspired by THIS card that I found on Pinterest.  The card base is Sahara Sand and I used Naturals Ivory for the stamped layer and the tags.  I used The Open Sea and By the Tide and the sentiment is from Itty Bitty Banners.  The ribbon is some retired SU Not Quite Navy ribbon that I love because it looks like denim and goes with so much.

We are preparing for our Florida/Georgia trip and I will try to post while we are on the road and show you what new and exciting spots we find on our way.  I am going to schedule some posts as well for while we are gone so that we don't miss any Freebie Mondays!

Thanks for visiting! 

Photobucket
If you have any questions about the techniques or materials used in the work displayed on this blog, feel free to use the email link on the left and I will gladly answer your questions.

1 comments:

LeAnne said...

You had me at BLUE....and of course, I love the nautical one! :D

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....