Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

What's on My Needles This Week

I don't know if I've ever told you how much I enjoy knitting.  I made a couple of warm scarves for grandchildren this season and finished one for my BFF Sabrina and gave it to her last night.  Once her scarf was off the needles, I cast on some yarn I picked up in New England a couple years ago to make a new scarf for myself.  I love this yarn - great colors and so soft.  This is an easy peasy garter stitch scarf:


I am loving how the colors are coming out and can't wait to wear it!  Next project up is something for my mom for her birthday.  I'm in search of just the right pattern for a shawl or shrug that she can wear when she gets chilly while sitting and reading or playing cards (both activities are favorites of hers).

Thanks for visiting! 

Photobucket
If you have any questions about the techniques or materials used in the work displayed on this blog, feel free to use the email link on the left and I will gladly answer your questions.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Love the variegated colors in this yarn! So pretty.
This is one of the only crafts I never learned. I almost crocheted once but ended up with a five foot long chain stitched thingie I didn't know what to do with :)
Someday I will sit and learn knitting and crochet, it's on my list!

LeAnne said...

I have become addicted to knitting too! I still have the crochet hooks you sent me, but I did not really get the hang of it, but I do love my knitting! I hope you'll share the shawl you do, as I would like to do one too! I have yarn...just seeking the right pattern!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....