Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

Happy Birthday to my DDH!

It is my Definitely Darling Husband's birthday today. He doesn't read my blog but I'll say Happy Birthday Dear to him here anyway. I made him a couple of cards that he'll get spread throughout the day today and then I'm going to make him another one to give him at the bash I'm throwing for him at Buca de Beppo with all the kids and grandkids, etc. tomorrow.




I saw this card and just loved the sentiment. Not having the stamp, I resorted to the old computer trick and voila card #2 was born!! The bottom card is my first attempt at creating an image from separate png files using Adobe - thanks to Mochamama for the inspiration on this one (and so much else). The top one is just bits and pieces. I loved the dp and put it through one of my new Asian embossing folders.

I have not spaced out the blogoversary candy (even tho it's about a month overdue) and hopefully this weekend I'll get some pictures and figure out if I'm going to do something besides count comments. I thought about having a sketch challenge and letting DH pick his fave. I'm going to have to close it to non-North American folks because the box will be big and heavy and shipping overseas will be a bit too much. I have been adding stuff as the weeks have gone by and it's a pretty cool stash of stuff. Watch for a slideshow tomorrow or Sunday.

New challenge coming up on Kaboodle Doodle on Monday and we're debuting all the new dt members so be sure to check that out too! I'll have a bit of a sneaky peak at that this weekend too.

Allison has posted a new challenge for Everything Old is New Again and it's a doozie - be sure to check it out and play along. I'll have an entry for that this weekend too!

Going to be a busy, busy weekend - again! The weather looks to be just right for staying indoors - cold, rain, snow - love it!

Thanks for visiting!

~chris

A Proud member of The Lime Light
Come visit us and see what we've been up to.
Design Team Member - Kaboodle Doodles

If you have any questions about techniques or materials used in the work displayed on this blog, feel free to use the email link on the left and I will gladly answer your questions.

5 comments:

Jill said...

Hope DH has a lovely birthday and I love the Does this mean you are grown up thing. Spose I ought to be at my age BUT I'M NOT!!!

Diane said...

Gee Your DH will be spoiled for sure!!! All those cards and a PartY!!! Hope you all have fun,when are parties not fun right!
Oohhhh can't wait to see what your challenge for the blogaversary will be,I'm really trying lots of diff challenges lately and am really enjoying it!
Enjoy your family party Chris!

Faye said...

Love all your cards here, specially the lighthouse. I think I need that image. xxx

The Rubber Maid said...

Love the lighthouse card...tres chic! I'm sure your hubby will have a great birthday as it sounds like you have it all planned out.
Happy Birthday to him and have a fun fun weekend. Pat

Juanita said...

What fantastic cards for DDH. I think I favor the first card, the patterned paper with the texture on it is so great!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....