Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

January Christmas Card and a Breath of Spring

Well, Tracey is hosting her monthly Christmas card challenge again this year and I had such fun doing it last year, I'm going to give it a shot this year too. It was so great to have all those cards all done and ready to go out the door in December! The challenge this month was to make an easel card. Here's mine:

The image is from Prairie Fairy and I colored him with colored pencils and oms. Because it is so hard to get a really red pencil, I colored the bird with a red marker though. The checked paper is actually a background stamp - I love it - I can make it match my cardstock exactly! Card base is Pacific Point and contrast color is Real Red and the same colors on the ribbon.

Look what I found blooming in my dining room this morning!


I have two hibiscus plants in the dining room for the winter and this red one just keeps blooming and blooming. The yellow one has lots of foilage, but so far no blooms. Both are anxiously awaiting the arrival of spring when they can once again enjoy the fresh air and sun on the front porch.

Thanks for visiting today!

~chris

A Proud member of The Lime Light
Come visit us and see what we've been up to.
Design Team Member - Kaboodle Doodles

If you have any questions about techniques or materials used in the work displayed on this blog, feel free to use the email link on the left and I will gladly answer your questions.

7 comments:

Diane said...

What a great set of cards and wonderful idea. That way you're not stuck at the last minute making cards when you have tons of things to do! They are too cute Chris!
My God,that flower is beyond beautiful!!! TFS!

LeAnne said...

These are wonderful Christmas cards--good for you to get a bunch done early! And look at that gorgeous bloom! WOW!

Denise said...

Love this Beautiful set of Christmas cards! Your Hibiscus is so healthy looking, my hedge in my yard is so wasted compare to this single bloom.
Aloha & Hugs,
Denise

Tracy.H said...

These turned out great!! Be sure to leave a comment on my TCC post so that I don't forget about you! :0)

Jill said...

Don't think I want to think about Christmas cards yet! Love your one though. I think Hibiscus are one of my favourite flowers, they are always look so tropical to me.

Unknown said...

I amazed to see your Christmas card, so cheery with a nice color combo. It was nice going through your blog.
Ihampers.co.uk

Juanita said...

Great cards.
That hibiscus is what I needed to see. After the dump of snow, we have had bonechilling temps. That flower gives me hope that we will cycle around to spring again.

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....