Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Colour Q Challenge #68


I saw this color challenge yesterday and I just couldn't resist - I simply had to play!





Here's my card:


I also used a sketch from this week's Denami challenge, but I do not have any Denami images so this won't qualify for their challenge. Oh well - I liked the sketch so I used it. Card base is Poppy Parade and I used some dp from BG's Max & Whiskers collection (yum yum) I put a piece of So Saffron through the BS with the Square Lattice embossing folder at an angle and mounted it on some Always Artichoke. I put a piece of Cherry Cobbler through the BS with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder and added a piece of white punched with the Decorative Label punch and stamped with stamps from the Bold Blossom set. Some cute threaded buttons and a mini clip and I called it done! It feels good to do some challenges even if one of them doesn't really apply!

Thanks for visiting!

~chris

Design Team Coordinator:
Sentimental Sundays
Kaboodle Doodles

If you have any questions about techniques or materials used in the work displayed on this blog, feel free to use the email link on the left and I will gladly answer your questions.

7 comments:

Jill said...

Wow Chris what a colourful card, its fabulous! Jill x

Juanita said...

I love your take on the inspiration. Great work.
Thanks for your support on my blog. I am glad to be back at it and I am sorry I have not been posting comments on yours, I have been peeking in and loving everything I see.

Diane said...

Great and colorful!Love all the layers!

LeAnne said...

Wonderful card! I am so happy that you were able to play with the CQC colors---so cute!

kasia c. said...

LOVE all of the texture in your card! the little clip and those buttons are just a perfect finish. Thanks for playing along with ColourQ this week. :)

Suzanne Bier said...

What a sweet card! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ!

Unknown said...

This is my kind of card! Fun texture, great layout and wonderful use of the colourQ colors:) Thanks so much for playing with us this week!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....