Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

More Challenges!

Well I played along in a couple more challenges - SCS sketch challenge and Curtain Call Color Challenge #65. I'm always in need of birthday cards and this was a good opportunity to make a really colorful one! Here's my card:


Card base is Wild Wasabi and panel colors are Pumpkin Pie, Real Red and Pacific Point. I used the coordinating dp from the 12x12 dp pads too spiff things up a bit and a couple of coordinating buttons. The sentiment is from the new Bring On the Cake set in the new Occasions Mini catalog. I need to get better glasses though because as I look at my coloring - well it's not exactly in the lines! I'll blame it on old age - but it sure is colorful and cheery!

Thanks for visiting!

~chris

Design Team Coordinator:
Sentimental Sundays
Kaboodle Doodles

If you have any questions about techniques or materials used in the work displayed on this blog, feel free to use the email link on the left and I will gladly answer your questions.

6 comments:

Diane said...

Super cheery card indeed! Those colors are awesome,great card!

Myrna said...

Chris
This is such a cheerful card and did you notice on first glance the buttons look like little smiling faces?
Myrna

Faye said...

I absolutely love the bright, zingy colours and the use of no image. Fabby card. xxx

Allison Rankin said...

Love those fun colors and pretty buttons!

Pamela Lash said...

These colors are such fun and love the use of buttons! I just became a follower and hope you'll follow me too. TFS!

Mama LoveBug
http://lovebugcreations3.blogspot.com/

Christina said...

WOW! This is such a fabulous use of the challenge colors--perfectly bright and cheerful! I love the scattering of buttons. Thanks for playing at the Curtain Call this week!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....