Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday Challenges

Well, it's Monday. I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I know that I did. The weather was spectacular and will be again today and they are calling for snow by tomorrow night. Sunshine and near 80 today and 3-7 inches of snow and in the 30's by Wednesday - you gotta love Colorado weather!

I have two cards to share today. The first is for this week's challenge at Kaboodle Doodles - Halloween! My grandchildren love this holiday and I love seeing them all excited and dressed up in their costumes. Our sponsor this week is Just Some Lines and I used a super cute image from them for my card today.


Card base is Rich Razzleberry (SU) with a layer of black and a spider web embossed layer of Going Gray (another wonderful but retired color from SU). I used some Peach Parfait ribbon and a layer of Peach Parfait (SU) under the image which was colored with Copics. The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes (SU) - a truly essential set to have for any and all occasions.

My second card is for this week's challenge at Heart Song Inspirations - No Sentiment and/or Harvest Theme. I used one of my all time favorite fall images by Leah - I love that little bird!


Card base is Old Olive and the image is mounted on Pumpkin Pie (both SU). I embossed the leaf strip from Borderlines (SU) and added some Marina Mist ribbon (SU).

I will have that promised tutorial for the dresser card tomorrow so be sure to stop back and let me know if it is helpful.

Thanks for visiting!

chris

Design Team Coordinator:
Sentimental Sundays
Kaboodle Doodles

Design Team Member:
Heart Song Inspirations

If you have any questions about the techniques or materials used in the work displayed on this blog, feel free to use the email link on the left and I will gladly answer your questions.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love both of your cards, Chris! Your use of Copics is wondeful and I enjoyed reading all of the details!

Roma said...

Lovely work chris ,i especially like the embossed web on the first card .

thank you very much for commenting on my card this is the first card i have entered into a challenge , i appreciate every comment i receive:)

NanaConnie said...

I think that's one of my favorite images, too, Chris. There's something about the sunflowers and bird paired up with the pumpkin that makes it very special. Love that the ribbon matches your bird, and your coloring is great.

Marina said...

Love the simplicity and clean look! I love the vines at the background too! Awesome coloring, Chris :)

Shannah said...

I love both these cards Chris... Though the poor kitty being hung out to dry doesn't look too happy lol! I love that HSD image - you've colored it beautifully and framed it so well!
Hugs, Shannah

Davi said...

Love the colors and the pretty die cut really shows off the image so perfectly ;)

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....