Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Mojo Monday #107

I really love sketch challenges and this week's Mojo Monday Sketch was a great one! Here's my card:

Card base is Pumpkin Pie, panels are BG Indian Summer layered on More Mustard. Strip is copper metallic edge punched with an EK Success punch and a bargain bin seasonal ribbon layered on top. Image panel is Always Artichoke with the pumpkin from Fall Whimsy embossed with copper ep and colored with pencils and OMS and cut with nesties. Bling is some more of that from last month that I found in the jewelry department! I had lots of fun with this card.

I'm hobbling around again - my big floor loom just jumped out in front of me yesterday morning and crashed into my baby toe! Made me totally scare the poor cats near to death. I limped around at work and when I finally got home and took off my shoes and socks - oh my - I didn't know skin could turn those kinds of colors! Don't have time to let it slow me down too much though as I will be in DC next week and needing to walk! R.I.C.E. is the order of the day for the next few days I think! Warning - beware seemingly stationary objects in your craft studio - they could jump out and get you when you least expect it!

Thanks for visiting today!

~chris

A Proud member of The Lime Light
Come visit us and see what we've been up to.
Design Team Member - Kaboodle Doodles

If you have any questions about techniques or materials used in the work displayed on this blog, feel free to use the email link on the left and I will gladly answer your questions.

12 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

Ouch! I hope you heal fast before your trip! Love your fall card!

Lilacanglia said...

Aww Chris, hope its not broken or bad, and it heals real quick,
Adore that card,
Hugs
Angie

Joanne Travis said...

Ouch!! Hope you are feeling better, I know that had to hurt.
Your card is really beautiful for falll, so warm and rich. Love it!

Juanita said...

I am sorry your craft area is rearranging itself behind your back. My basement does that too (or is it the kids?)
I like this card, so autumn-y and comoforting. The kind of day that calls for a vanilla chai tea and a cozy blanket. That gives me an idea....

Juanita said...

I am sorry your craft area is rearranging itself behind your back. My basement does that too (or is it the kids?)
I like this card, so autumn-y and comoforting. The kind of day that calls for a vanilla chai tea and a cozy blanket. That gives me an idea....

coldwaters2 said...

Fabulous card Chris love the richness of the colours and that ribbon is gorgeous.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Alex said...

This is beautiful Chris, I love the rich fall colors - you totally ROCKED the sketch this week too! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Monica-FC said...

I love the card and hoew the paperpiercing is on the border. that makes it so cool.

Cat Tidwell said...

What an awesome Fall card! Love the ribbon, perfect with this!

And OUCH, poor little toe! you dont know they are there until you injure them! such little things causing so much pain! LOL! hope it feels better soon for you! Darn loom....I would kick it for you, but it might get my toe too, haha!

Crystal said...

love, love, love this card! so cute and just perfect for fall! gorgeous! thanks for the thoughts and prayers on my blog too! you are such a sweetie! hugs!

Diane said...

Beautiful fall card!! Hope your toe heels quick,ouch!!!!!

Mira said...

This is beautiful, I love the colours :)

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....