Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Today's gratuitous snow shot!

DH took this on his way out the door to go to work. Luckily, I have another SNOW DAY today! I hope to put it to good use!


I have been wanting to try paper piecing for a long time. Don't know why I haven't up till now, but I received a wonderful package from Tracy (thanks Tracy) and it contained a cute Hannah set that looked to be a good candidate. I'm thinking she would look better as a blond though. Here's my card:

Thanks for visiting today. Hopefully, I will have more goodies to show you later! The other thing I've been wanting to try is sewing on my cards (got the cute Janome mini over a year ago and it sits unused .... sad but true), so maybe today would be a good day for that!

~chris

A Proud member of The Lime Light
Come visit us and see what we've been up to.
Design Team Member - Kaboodle Doodles

If you have any questions about techniques or materials used in the work displayed on this blog, feel free to use the email link on the left and I will gladly answer your questions.

7 comments:

Jackie said...

Pretty snow! My son lives in Denver and they are snowed in, too. He said his girlfriend's boss was mad because she didn't want to drive in all that snow yesterday. He can just get over it!

LeAnne said...

Heeeheeee! I saw on Good Morning America that Colorado had snow, and I was thinking about you!!! Darn, you want to send some this way? We haven't had any in two years!!!
Anyway, your card is very cute, and I am glad you are putting your snow day to good use!

Juanita said...

That is a crazy amount of snow. When I lived in Calgary, that would be gone by the next morning (they get Chinooks there, makes for messy roads). I hope you guys are having a good time playing in the snow.
What a fabulous card, I love all the pattern and color here.

Lilacanglia said...

Fantastic snow,
Super card, love all the colours you used to paper piece with,
Hugs
Angie

Tracy.H said...

So glad you liked her!! The card looks great! :0)

Diane said...

Beautiful pic of the snow,as much as I don't like snow,lol.
Beautiful paper piecing card Chris!
Love the diff dp on the tree!

Curt in Indy said...

You knocked paper piecing out of the park on this one! Great job! Best, Curt

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....