Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Heart Song Inspirations Challenge #15

Today's challenge on Heart Song Inspirations is to use Glitter and/or Chipboard on your project - how fun!!! Here's my card:



The card base is Poppy Parade (SU) and the image is Poppies from Heart Song Designs and I colored it with Copics and added some of the new SU glitter glue to the centers and cut it out with a nestie. The sentiment is from Love & Care from the SU Summer Mini catalog and I added some Basic Grey brads. I created the background using an unmounted SU wheel (I can't remember the name now) with versamark, heat & stick and Iridescent Ice. I know you've all heard this before, but it is really sparkly in real life even though I couldn't capture it with the camera. Here's a detail shot that might give a better idea:



I have a lot of things to share with you this week and I'm hoping I manage to get to them all. Belmira is now out of the water and sitting in her winter home and I'm hoping that this means that DH will be on his way home by the end of the week. YAY!!!! I know that I got to spend a month with him aboard, but he hasn't been at home since May. It will be good to have him back home again.

Thanks for visiting!

chris

Design Team Coordinator:
Sentimental Sundays
Kaboodle Doodles

If you have any questions about the techniques or materials used in the work displayed on this blog, feel free to use the email link on the left and I will gladly answer your questions.

8 comments:

Jill said...

Just love those poppies and that background is gorgeous Chris! Be lovely to have your DH back home won't it! It's a good job you have an all-absorbing hobby to occupy you when he is away! Jill x

NanaConnie said...

WOW to the glittery background! Fabulous coloring on the poppies and that lacy oval is perfect. I like the way you did the glitter in the center of the poppies. It really makes them stand out and also complements the background.

Anne-Marie said...

Beautiful creation, Chris....love the glitter, and poppies always are a winner with me...just lovely!

Designing with Debbie said...

Beautiful card. I love your colors and your glitter is perfect.

Revelry Cupcakes said...

Beautiful as always!

Jennifer Scull said...

such a beautiful card with the glitter bg. I forget to use my SU! wheels, especially for fabby techniques like that. thanks for the reminder!
so glad it won't be long before your hubby is back home again. happy to hear the good news! :)

Shannah said...

Absolutely beautiful Chris! Love your colouring and that glitter background is so pretty!
Hugs, Shannah xox

Dana Joy said...

Stunning card young lady.

Hugs
Dana

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....