Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Monday Night Madness

As promised, I'm back to show you some of the fun things that Sabrina and I worked with on Monday night. We had a fantastic day of shopping, creating and yes, cleaning! My studio is on it's way to becoming functional - I think. Here's some of the cards that we made:

This card was created using some wonderful paper from my dsp stash and the cute antique bicycle is from the $1 bin at Michaels! Sentiment is from a fun new set from SU called Perfectly Penned.

This card was created using one of my SU clear blocks and some Versamark. I embossed it with some wonderful antique brass embossing powder that we picked up on our last crafty jaunt at a shop in Littleton, CO called Stamping to See You (this is also what I used on the antique bicycle). I added some gold cording and a sentiment and viola! The inspiration for this card came from HERE - Kath is always astounding! Sentiment is from the Happiest Birthday Wishes hostess set from the new SU catalog.




Sabrina found this beautiful butterfly in the $1 bin at Joann's and it is fast becoming one of my favorite butterfly stamps. It's embossed it with some that antique brass embossing powder, colored with Copic markers and the dsp is some fun new paper I picked up on our downline field trip to Estes Park at Chery's wonderful store called Rocky Mountain Memories as well as some fun Bo Bunny paper that we picked up at Archivers. The embossed butterflies on the bottom card are also some fun stamps that I picked up on our visit to Estes Park.

I have a stamp camp this weekend, the first in a long time and I am looking forward to seeing all the smiling faces of the stampers as they create their works of art.

DH is at the winter marina waiting for the rain to stop long enough to have Belmira hauled out of the water. Then begins the winterizing and then ... home at last!

Thanks for visiting!

chris

Design Team Coordinator:
Sentimental Sundays
Kaboodle Doodles

If you have any questions about the techniques or materials used in the work displayed on this blog, feel free to use the email link on the left and I will gladly answer your questions.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Oooh Archivers, my favourite store!! Looks as if you had a blast, crafting and cleaning (!!) Jill x

Juanita said...

This looks like it was a VERY successful day, indeed.
Great cards!

Curt in Indy said...

Honestly, I can't pick a favorite. They are all beauties. LOVE the colors on the first one, love the great technique on the second one, and love the butterfly on the last two. I'm really loving $1 stamps. It is the first bin I hit now before looking at anything else! Hope you are well! Best, Curt

Lee said...

Hi Chris.Thanks for visiting me.I adore your cards,all soooo creative and imaginative.I think if i had to pick a fav it would be the first one.Hugs xx

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....