Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2010

dans le français?

I have recently been acquiring some SU stamps in French. I want to make my aunt some cards that she can send to some of our French speaking relatives. My aunt is the family genealogist and every summer she travels all over the country researching our family heritage. She has met and gotten to know all kinds of Doucette's all over this country and other countries as well. She is an amazing woman who fearlessly drives everywhere! Through hurricanes and tornadoes and all kinds of stuff. When I grow up I want to be like her! Here's my first French card.


I hope to make her a dozen or more and send them off to her soon. Right now she's in Florida but I think she will head back to Texas (her home base) before she heads out for her summer adventures. She is an fine artist and so I am a little intimidated making handmade cards for her, but I hope she will like them.

Thanks for visiting today.

~chris

A Proud member of The Lime Light
Come visit us and see what we've been up to.
Design Team Member - Kaboodle Doodles

If you have any questions about techniques or materials used in the work displayed on this blog, feel free to use the email link on the left and I will gladly answer your questions.

4 comments:

Faye said...

I LOVE this card, the papers, ribbon and layout all work perfectly and are really pretty. Your post title for Saturday sounds like a sneeze! x

Diane said...

That is such a wonderful idea Chris! I'm sure your aunt will love them even though she's an artist or not. Your gesture is so kind and I'm sure she will appreciate it! Lovely card!

Juanita said...

Fresh colors, thoughfuly made in french, what is to be worried about?
You did a great job.

Curt in Indy said...

What a cool aunt! She sounds like someone who needs to write a book! What a thoughtful thing for you to do making her cards in French. And I certainly don't know why you would feel intimidated. . .your cards are works of art too! Best, Curt

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....