Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

I couldn't help myself ...

I saw this card by Kittie Caracciolo and I immediately knew that I was going to case it. Elegant and gorgeous (as is everything she creates), it was love at first sight. Here's my interpretation:


I wanted a bit more color and have been itching to use my new Pinefeather paper and ribbon from PTI - it reminds me very much of Handsome Hunter, a wonderful SU color that has now been retired. In fact, you really could not tell them apart if compared side by side! I used a panel of white and
added a panel of white embossed with the dotted swiss embossing folder and mounted on Pinefeather. Then I used my nesties to create the frame and image panel, stamped the trees from Scenic Season (SU) in Handsome Hunter and popped up the frame with dimensionals. I punched some nice ferns with one of Martha's punches and added some gold baubles. I kind of like it!

I've been fighting a nasty cold since we got back from Wyoming and haven't had much energy to be creative. It's a good thing there's talent like Kittie's out there to get me off my duff and creating again!

It's going to be a really fun day at Sentimental Sundays tomorrow, so be sure to stop by and there's a new challenge coming on Kaboodle Doodles on Monday too!

Thanks for visiting!

~chris

Design Team Member:
Sentimental Sundays
Kaboodle Doodles

If you have any questions about techniques or materials used in the work displayed on this blog, feel free to use the email link on the left and I will gladly answer your questions.

4 comments:

Myrna said...

Chris
this is just gorgeous. Love it.
Myrna

Monica-FC said...

this is grogeous.

Jill said...

Wow Chris I can see why you were inspired, what a beautiful card and such a great idea to frame a bit of it as well. Love those leaves! Jill x

Lee said...

Oh WOW.What a stunning card really love it all.Great design n colours.xx

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....