Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

More Challenges

Needless to say, I've been having some fun doing challenges this week. Today's card is no exception and is for some more of my favorites, Delightful Inspiration where I got to use the cute image I earned by playing last week's challenge and Crazy 4 Challenges C4C58 - Birthday Challenge.


The card base is Poppy Parade - rapidly becoming my go-to red this season. I love it! I used my nesties to create the layered medallion using white and Daffodil Delight and Poppy Parade. I also used some Daffodil Delight ribbon. I created the background by making a watermark from the digi image and printing it on my cardstock. I also got a chance to use one of my new toys (gotta love those 50% off coupons) to punch out the holes for the ribbon. It is a spring loaded hole punch and I got some ribbon shaped punches in various sizes to use with it. Fun being able to punch holes exactly where you want them and not have to use a hammer to do it!

Well hopefully today will be full of creativity as I have tons of fun things to prepare for my upcoming downline meeting, Holiday Mini workshop and Holiday Stamp Camp. This is the kind of busy that I really, really like! I'll throw in a little laundry and cleaning too I suppose. DH is taking advantage of today's wonderful weather to work on his garage/driveway project so we should both have a productive weekend!

Thanks for visiting!

~chris

Design Team Member:
Sentimental Sundays
Kaboodle Doodles

If you have any questions about techniques or materials used in the work displayed on this blog, feel free to use the email link on the left and I will gladly answer your questions.

8 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

So sweet! I want those dies something fierce!

dstandard said...

Such a beautiful card! Thanks for playing at Designed to Delight!

Silke Ledlow said...

Chris, your birthday card is BEAUTIFUL!!! Awesome flower image and I'm so lovin' the poppy parade too!!! Thank you for playing the
C4C again this week!!! Hugs ~S~

Jill said...

Absolutely lovely Chris. That red cardstock is a brand new one to us - our new SU book came out on 1st October. Jill x

Jane said...

Your card is so fun!!! I love the way you used the image on your back ground paper. Very cute card.
Thanks for playing at D2D this week.

Juanita said...

The medallion is great.
I love the random background stamping, so creative to make a digital image into a watermark for your background.

Lola said...

What a beautiful card and great colors. Thanks for playing with D2D this week!

Faith S. said...

I LOVE how you used the image in the background, too! Such a cute card!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....