Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sentimental Sundays is Distressed!

This week, Ann challenged us to do something and distress it! I recently got some fun new Tim Holtz toys and thought they would be perfect to use to make a project for this challenge. Here it is:


Card base is Very Vanilla with a layer of Chocolate Chip and then an embossed layer of Close to Cocoa (sadly retired). I used the TH brick wall embossing folder and rubbed it with a Tea Dye distress pad. I added some lace (also rubbed with the Tea Die distress pad) and a flower. The flower was cut using a Tim Holtz die from some Gina K digi paper and then inked with Tea Die and Antique Linen and I added an antique brad from SU. The sentiment is from Great Friends (SU) and I inked it up as well and added some brads.

Thanks for visiting!

~chris

Design Team Member:
Sentimental Sundays
Kaboodle Doodles

If you have any questions about techniques or materials used in the work displayed on this blog, feel free to use the email link on the left and I will gladly answer your questions.

9 comments:

Libby Hickson said...

Totally gorgeous! I love that die, maybe it needs to go on my Christmas wishlist!

Jill said...

Oooh Chris that is so nice. I have just bought the 'wall' and its great to see it used so well.

Hope you have had a good weekend! and will look forward to the photos. Jill x

Tracey said...

Beautiful card Chris, love the vintage feel :)

Looking forward to working with you on the Sentimental Sundays DT.
Hugs
Tracey
x

Tameko said...

Chris, this card is lovely. I really like your flower. I need to pull out that die, and play. I am looking forward to working with you on the Sentimental Sundays DT.

dj1952 said...

I love your card. I've been looking at that embossing folder, I guess I'll have to get it now. That is such a fantastic look. It looks like there is really texture in the grout. Thanks, dj

Juanita said...

This is fabulous. You really have a way with distressing. I always feel like I have churned out a card that looks like it was run over or something.

HappyCrafter said...

Great card, I really like what you did with the background!

Curt in Indy said...

Gorgeous distressing! I love that brick wall embossing folder. That flower is wonderful too! Gorgeous card! Best, Curt

Allison Rankin said...

Very pretty esp. with all that sponging!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....