Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

It's Sentimental Sunday time again!

Well it's Sunday and time for another challenge at the Sentimental Sundays Challenge Blog. This week Ann challenged us to make a card inspired by the season - autumn! I love the colors that rage around me this time of the year. Colorado is not quite as colorful as the northeast where I grew up, but it is still pretty impressive. We went out for breakfast this morning and stepping out onto the front deck I became immediately aware that it is now fall and long pants and sweatshirts will be coming out of the closets and drawers for sure!

Here's my card:

I have made quite a few autumn/fall inspired cards and I'll be showing you some more over the next few weeks. This card uses all SU stamps and supplies. The stamps used to created the leafy background are from a set called French Foliage that is featured in the new Holiday Mini catalog. The sentiment is from a set called Grateful Greetings. I stamped French Script (now retired) on the Pear Pizzazz piece that has the sentiment framed by a hodge podge label holder. The card base is Chocolate Chip and the background was stamped on Naturals Ivory in Pear Pizzazz, More Mustard, Cajun Craze and Pumpkin Pie. I used a stamp from Itty Bitty Backgrounds (also retired) as a background for my sentiment. There's Victoria lace and an Antique Brad. I distressed the edges with the distressing tool on my Cutter Kit and sponged. I had lots of fun making this card!

I played with some new toys from Tim Holtz yesterday too - fun, fun, fun and a perfect way to spend a crafty World Card Making Day afternoon.

Thanks for visiting!

~chris

Design Team Member:
Sentimental Sundays
Kaboodle Doodles

If you have any questions about techniques or materials used in the work displayed on this blog, feel free to use the email link on the left and I will gladly answer your questions.

8 comments:

Ann English said...

Lovely card! Perfect fall sentiment and dp!

Jill said...

I am loving all that SU stuff Chris! I have got some of it and our new catalogue came out on Friday - really lovely card again! I like the autumn colours as well, think the trees will be turning very soon now. Jill x

Allison Rankin said...

You did a terrific job...this is a different take than you normally do and I think you captured that trend!

Myrna said...

Chris
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Yes I love SVG's.
This is a gorgeous card. Love the fall season.
Myrna

Cheryl said...

Oh Chris, this is just gorgeous! I love the background you created, the stitching and the frame. Wonderful card.

Curt in Indy said...

The background of leaves you created is seriously stunning! I've not seen any commercially produced paper that could hold a candle to it. Gorgeous card! Best, Curt

Shirley said...

I love the stamping and colouring on your card Chris. What a perfect card for fall.

Shirley

Juanita said...

This is such a gorgeous card. I love the color combo you went with and the distressing and vintage additions are superb.

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....