Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Greetings from Block Island!

Well, after spending the night anchored in Dutch Island Harbor we headed out to Block Island. Sailing was just wonderful and we got in around 3:30 and had time to get squared away and head in to explore just a bit and have some dinner. The next day though .... this is what happened:



These are pix of dh heading out into the waters, digging clams and of the clams and their fate! I am so spoiled!

We also found a wonderful store in Old Harbor called Red Right Returns where we finally found the bean bag chair we have been looking for for years! We wanted a bean bag chair to put out on deck for those lovely, lazy times when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing and we have the leisure time to bask and maybe read a book. Here's a shot of dh trying it out as I stand up on the bowsprit and snap his picture:



We're hoping to head out to Woods Hole, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket before I have to head back to reality on the 29th. Tomorrow night my darling brother-in-law is making me a clam boil - I might have to eat a few more clams .... so difficult, I know, but someone has to do it.

Thanks for visiting!

~chris

Design Team Member:
Sentimental Sundays
Kaboodle Doodles

If you have any questions about techniques or materials used in the work displayed on this blog, feel free to use the email link on the left and I will gladly answer your questions.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Wow Chris what a wonderful time you are having. DH looks very comfortable there anyway! Could you send some sun over here as we haven't had any for ages! Jill x

Myrna said...

Chris
Thanks for sharing your time with us. Great pics.
Myrna

Shirley said...

I have been following your journey via all your pictures and comments and you seem to be having a wonderfull time. It is a good thing that you like Clams as they seem in abundance where you are at the moment. Where I live on Mersea Island we are reknown for our Oysters. It is a shame I do not like them as people come here from all over the world to eat them.


Shirley

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....