Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

It's another Sentimental Sunday

This week's Sentimental Sundays challenge was to use lace or ribbon on our project. I have a fellow downline member who is in the hospital and I wanted to send her something to hopefully cheer her up. She's a really wonderful gal and I sure hope she liked this card. I used some of the new lace featured in the new SU catalog. I'm loving this lace and the other lace as well.


Card base is the retired Pale Plum with a layer of the also retired Apricot Appeal. DP is from BG and I just love this soft floral pattern. I used one of the new antique brads on this card too. The sentiment is stamped on some cardstock I got to use for watercoloring images and is from the Sincere Salutations set. I used some nesties and added some pearls to finish it off.

Thanks for visiting!

~chris

Design Team Member:
Sentimental Sundays
Kaboodle Doodles


If you have any questions about techniques or materials used in the work displayed on this blog, feel free to use the email link on the left and I will gladly answer your questions.

8 comments:

Jill said...

Oh my you have lace in the SU catalogue, you lucky thing you! I love the muted colours in your card Chris, I bet your friend loved the card and that you were thinking of her. Jill x

Kimberly S said...

Very soft and pretty with that DP Chris! :)

Myrna said...

Chris
Lovely card.
New page too? Very nice.
Myrna

Cheryl said...

This is so pretty! I love these soft colors.

Curt in Indy said...

I LOVE that background paper on this card! What a perfect color combo for a get well card. Soft pastels are so calming. Love the lace too! Hope you and Hub are doing OK! Best, Curt

Allison Rankin said...

So very pretty...love the Basic Grey Kioshi here (I think I have memorized every piece of paper they have ever released!). Hope you're still having fun on your vay-cay!

Ceal said...

great CAS card Chris!

Juanita said...

I miss Apricot Appeal.
Great card for a great reason.

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....