Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sentimental Sundays Challenge

It's time for another Sentimental Sundays Challenge! This week Ann told us that "anything goes" - how much fun is that! Several years ago I purchased a Bind-it-All using some money I received for my birthday. It has been sitting on my top shelf gathering dust (really - lots of dust). I cleaned it off and decided that I was going to learn how to use it - I can't believe how easy it is to use and I have been letting myself be intimidated by it all this time. Anyway, I covered a couple of chipboard coasters with some BG dp and cut up some Naturals White to make the pages and created this little book. There is a page for each month and one spare for notes! I created the sentiment on the computer, used a stamp from an old retired SU set called Just for Fun. I added some charms and some ribbon and I think it turned out quite well! What do you think? Should I make some more books?


The cupcake image was colored with markers and mounted on one of those wonderful MS doilies that I sponged with Antique Linen distress ink. My stepmom has suggested an idea for the two newlywed couples in our family this year that I think I am definitely going to try out when I get home. This little machine has opened a whole new world up for me and I cannot wait to play with it some more.

Thanks for visiting!

~chris

Design Team Member:
Sentimental Sundays
Kaboodle Doodles


If you have any questions about techniques or materials used in the work displayed on this blog, feel free to use the email link on the left and I will gladly answer your questions.

4 comments:

Jill said...

I have got a BIA - its not something I use everyday but when I need it, its soooo useful! A birthday book is a good idea and something I ought to have..... must sort one out! Jill x

Kimberly S said...

This is so cute Chris, and what a fun gift idea! :)

Crafting Queen said...

Great creation, lovely colours.

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

GREAT job on this Chris, it's just ADORABLE!!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....