Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Layered Ribbon and card folder


Here is the card I made for the try a new technique challenge yesterday on Splitcoast Stampers. The challenge was to layer ribbon on your card.

Recipe:

Stamps: Always, SU sentiment
Paper: pretty in pink, close to cocoa, soft sky, afternoon tea dp, whisper white
Ink: close to cocoa, versamark
Accessories: mm button brads, punches, silver hodgepodge hardware, ribbon from mikes, white ep

I absolutely love the afternoon tea designer paper from SU. I need to use it more often!



I received a wonderful PIF from Denise (see her blog for pictures) and I just had to try making one of these cute card folders. This card has a bunch of different stamped images and some of the cb embossed butterfly die cuts tucked inside. Be the first to leave me a comment on this post and I will send it to you! Congrats to Melissa! Your card folder is on it's way to you.

Recipe:
Stamps: butterfly bg from I Brake for Stamps
Paper: perfect plum, elegant eggplant, basic black, soft sky, groovy guava, barely banana, whisper white
Ink: elegant eggplant
Accessories: cb die cut/embossing set, mike's ribbon, punches

This was a fun card to make and fill. Thanks so much to Denise for her inspiring PIF!

Thanks for visiting my blog and if you want to win this card folder, be sure to leave a comment that gives me a way to contact you (i.e. not anonymous).

~chris


4 comments:

MelissaS said...

I love that first card, the way you embossed the heart. Very pretty. And I LOVE the embossed butterflies on the card folder! I will have to check out how to make one. Thanks for sharing :)

tracey said...

this is lovely well done

Autumn Pereira said...

The colors in the first card go together so perfectly, the butterflies on the second are so pretty!

Sheila D said...

This card is absolutely beautiful. Very elegant, soft and dainty. The soft sky with the white embossing powder is amazing.

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....