Pages

Saturday, June 20, 2009

New Catalog Swap

I'm participating in a new catalog swap with my fellow downline members. We each picked a set and we're making 12 cards to swap. I picked Autumn Days and got some inspiration from Joanne at Sleepy in Seattle. Here's my card:


Recipe:
Paper: Soft Suede, Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard, Whisper White, Razzleberry Lemonade dp
Stamps: Autumn Days, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Dusty Durango, markers - Dusty Durango, Soft Suede, Bermuda Bay
Accessories: Punches - Word Window, Modern Label, Ticket Corner; Punch Windows movers and shapers die; brads; paper piercer, mat pack

I paper pierced along the bottom of the card, something I don't often do, but I think it turned out fine and it was fun too!

I'll have some more samples from this set to show you tomorrow. Today we're headed to the lake to take Kael and Natalie sailing (their parents are coming along too). We've also loaded the kayaks on top of the car and I am going to try out the new knee! The kids like to take a ride in them too so hopefully the weather wil hold up. Tonight is our sail club's annual Summer Sailstice celebration and we will sail out onto the lake and "raft up" for a little celebration. In a raft up, you tie all your boats together and form a raft. You can walk from boat to boat and we all cook up our favorite goodies and visit each other's boats. It's fun. Little scary sailing back to the slip in the dark, but lots of fun. We'll spend the night on the boat and sail a bit in the morning and then head home. We are going to see Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood tomorrow night! Box seats to boot!

Thanks for visiting!

~chris

A Proud member of The Lime Light
Come visit us and see what we've been up to.
Design Team Member - Kaboodle Doodles

6 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

This is a beautiful Thanksgiving card!

Jackie said...

Beautiful card! I'm ready for autumn weather already and it's not even officially summer yet. Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned!

Juanita said...

Really like your swap. I have been really drawn to that Autumn Days set (not my usual style) But you did a great job on the swap!
Have fun on your 'raft up' sounds like a good time with a fun bunch of folks. Hope you DH has a great fathers day.

deb mills said...

wow...a beautiful card! love the pheasant. thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

Allison Rankin said...

What a terrific focal image! And I love that BG! I may have to have another peek at this set!

Monica-FC said...

love the fall card.

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....