Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

ABC Monday at Catch the Bug!

It's ABC Monday at the Catch the Bug challenge blog. I wanted to make some table treats for Easter and this box die from SU is perfect. I love the curvy top edge and the reverse cut piece makes a perfect handle! I added a little purple sparkly ribbon and attached it with eyelets - easy, easy, easy! I used one of Jodie's Easter collection images partially computer colored and partially colored using my Koh-i-Noor pencils and OMS.


Thanks so much for visiting today! This will be a busy week - Monday night stamping, Tuesday night lapidary class and downline meeting on Thursday morning. I'm thinking I'm missing something, but I'll figure it out when I sit down with my calendar. Tomorrow is dh's first full day as a retired person and I am trying very, very hard not be to jealous.

We had a wonderful day with the kids and grandkids today. They all wanted to celebrate dad/grandpa's retirement and we also had a grand time hiding and finding candy filled eggs. I got some pix and I'll try to put a little slideshow together - you know I can hardly resist these gratuitous grandma moments!

~chris

Design Team Member - Catch the Bug
Design Team Member - Kaboodle Doodles

If you have any questions about techniques or materials used in the work displayed on this blog, feel free to use the email link on the left and I will gladly answer your questions.

13 comments:

Diane said...

Cute~cute basket Chris.....we were away for Easter, so missed all my grandkids this year.....but will make it up to them!!!! Sounds like you have a busy week.....glad you are feeling better!!!

sgc said...

Cute basket, Chris! Sounds like you had a fun time with those grandkids.

Sandye

Jackie Randolph said...

Adorable basket, love the curvy top. Congrats to DH on his retirement.

Diane said...

Such a cute basket,that curvy border is lovely!
Sure sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!
Congrats to your hubby on his retirement! I guess I missed it while I was gone!! So now when are you retiring?

Jill said...

Great basket Chris! Congratulations to dh! Believe you mean its nice they are home but sometimes they do get under your feet!! Jill x

Rae Anne said...

Oh this is super-duper-pooper-scooper cute!!! The basket is the perfect size for a bit of candy and the Easter treat that Jodie gave everyone on her blog! Wonderful ABaC! MWAH!

Alex said...

This basket is adorable Chris!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Jenny said...

Adorable basket Chris!!

Marlene said...

Adorable basket!

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Great job on this Chris! LOVE how you did the image:) Please go check out my blog today, I left something on there for you:)

The Spotted Chick said...

Mmmmmm-mmmmm! I shouldn't have stopped here before I had breakfast! I'm such a candy junkie! LOVE this Chris! What a great idea!

Scrappy said...

Fantastic job with this cute little basket Chris! :-)

Allison Rankin said...

Such a cool use for this image...great job!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....