Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

It's Freebie Friday on Catch the Bug

Well another Friday has rolled around and it's time for another Freebie Friday on Catch the Bug. Jodie has more goodness to offer today and here's my card:


I searched and searched through all my digi paper and my paper bins and could not find any bandana paper and I really, really wanted to use some on this card. I flashed on a mini background set from SU called Fresh Fillers and sure enough - voila - a reasonable facsimile of bandana background. The image is colored with my watercolor crayons and an aqua-painter (my new go-to coloring method). I haven't abandoned my koh-i-noor pencils, just having so much fun playing with the watercolor crayons!

I've also been playing with a new online color toy that I will share with you this weekend using Flickr. Totally cool and so easy to lose yourself playing with it! I'm also hoping to get my April Christmas cards done and - NEWS FLASH -Libby is bringing back my favorite challenge - From Courtney's Closet - and this week's outfit is right up my alley - it's purple!

Thanks for visiting!

~chris

Design Team Member - Catch the Bug
Design Team Member - Kaboodle Doodles

If you have any questions about techniques or materials used in the work displayed on this blog, feel free to use the email link on the left and I will gladly answer your questions.

11 comments:

sgc said...

Cute card! Paper is perfect for the image.

Kristen H said...

This is so cute! I love the saddle on the log. What a cute card, and image!

Alex said...

Heehee, he is adorable Chris, love this cute card! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

raindropecho said...

This is adorable, Chris! Perfect colors for this little guy. Love how you framed the sentiment, too!
- Ann

Allison Rankin said...

So sweet...fun paisley BG!

Jodie Mackrell said...

Fantastic job on this! Love your coloring and the paper!

Diane said...

Love what you've done with the paisley! Quite clever girl!
Super cute card,hope you have nice weather and no more snow!
I'm going to check out Courntey's closet challenge!

The Spotted Chick said...

Sooooo CUTE Chris! Love these colors too!

Jenny said...

Such a cute card! It's funny, I think you and I have talked on SCS before. We both live in Colorado and we were both picked to be on the Bugaboo DT. Thanks for stopping by my blog to leave me a comment on my Purple Flower Bella card!

The Rubber Maid said...

Really cute little Colorado cowboy. Love the coloring and although I have water color crayons I usually use them directly on the stamp so I will have to try your methond...wonderful results. Pat

Marilyn said...

What a cute card!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....