Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

New Challenge on Catch the Bug!

There's a new challenge posted over on Catch the Bug. The theme is April Showers and it's a sketch challenge:

My fellow buggy buddies and I have made some very fun creations, so be sure to stop over and check them all out! We'd all really love it if you played along too. Here's mine:


I just love this little guy and he is so fun to paper piece! This wonderful striped paper is from a new dp pack from SU called Designer Oasis that goes on sale on May 1 in the Spring Mini Catalog. Gorgeous stuff! The flower is a die cut from PTI out of the same paper pack. The ribbon is Old Olive satin ribbon from SU and I added some dew drops. Sentiment is just computer generated in my word processor! I am working on some sentiments that I may share here in the near future. I love fonts and I love graphics and I have been having some fun creating some sentiments so keep an eye out.

Today is our big Spring Stamp Camp! I think that I am ready and that maybe I'll actually have a workshop where I don't forget something! It will be a first and I'm excited! We have about 50 gals coming to stamp and I think it's going to be great fun. I'll try to get some pix and be back later to share them with you.

Thanks for visiting!

~chris

Design Team Member - Catch the Bug
Design Team Member - Kaboodle Doodles

If you have any questions about techniques or materials used in the work displayed on this blog, feel free to use the email link on the left and I will gladly answer your questions.

11 comments:

Claire B said...

O I love your card. What embossing folder did you use? I have never seen that one before.

Jill said...

Really great card Chris. He is a cute one isn't he! Jill x

Rae Anne said...

Chris, this is soooo sweet! I love stripes and the way you paper-pieced the umbrella! And where did you get that super embossed background? I love it!

Sue from Oregon said...

Very cute...great layout!

Anonymous said...

Super cute! I love the paper pieced umbrella!

Anonymous said...

Super cute! I love the paper pieced umbrella!

Diane said...

Love it Chris!!! Way to go on the sentiment!!!
That image is so sweet!

raindropecho said...

OOooh that's some fantastic paper piecing, Chris! I love when you use patterned papers :D That image is so sweet, too!
- Ann

sgc said...

Very cute card. I love the DP and embossing folders you chose.

Juanita said...

I was going to ask where that paper was from, guess I did not look closely enough at the spring mini.
I would love to see a digi sentiment set from you. There are times when I have the right sentiment, but I would need it to be more linear and I really would appreciate having something that I could very easily alter to my needs.

Faye said...

Love this one, the colours are so bright and cheery. x

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....