Pages

Monday, January 5, 2009

A couple more birthday cards

My BFF Sabrina has a birthday this week and I made this card for her with some paper I got on our latest lss foray - it's called Autumn Harvest and it's from Flair Designs Inc.. I just love it and after giving her this card I hit the store again and bought up all they had (5 sheets) as I don't know of anyone else in our area that carries it and the gal at the counter said she wasn't sure they would be ordering more. It has so many wonderful colors in it and I know I'm going to want to make it last forever. The card base and ribbon is Ripe Avocado from PTI and the two layers (made with my new Spellbinders dies) are Really Rust and Perfect Plum from SU. The stamps sets I used were Kind Thoughts (retiring this month - so sad) and a sentiment from my box of miscellaneous birthday stamps.


The second card uses the same dp but a different set of dies from Spellbinders. The card base on this one is Perfect Plum and the layers are So Saffron and Ripe Avocado with a little bit of Elegant Eggplant ribbon as a garnish.

This will be a busy week for me. On Thursday I'm doing a demonstration of a slider card at our downline meeting for which I also am making swaps. I have a workshop on the 17th and I only have one project picked out so far so I need to get busy with that too. Then of course there's my day job ... luckily I like it so that's not bad. I've also started working on my Valentine cards for the 1000 card challenge for the Detroit Children's Hospital. You can get more details on this wonderful project by clicking here or here or here. Put your creativity to work for a good cause and jump in on this challenge.

Please also keep Avery and Allison and her whole family in your prayers this week. Hopefully the will be able to do her surgery and everything will go fine and all will be home in short order.

Thanks for visiting!

~chris


6 comments:

Dawn said...

Gorgeous designs love the paper and stamps!

Diane said...

Love 'em both!!! Great cards,lovely dp and the embossing is so elegant in gold!!!

Monica-FC said...

I love both of your cards for birthdays. I agree with you on the paper that paper is way gorgoeus and just out of this world.

Monica-FC said...

I love both of your cards for birthdays. I agree with you on the paper that paper is way gorgoeus and just out of this world.

Anonymous said...

Both cards are just great. I bought both of those Spellbinder dies on Saturday...so thank you for the inspiration to use them.
Sharon K

nicky w. said...

I was having problems commenting the other day... it wasn't working...but it seems to be fine now. I wanted to say that these cards are really pretty. I love the color choice for your Happy Birthday cards!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....