Pages

Friday, January 2, 2009

Thursday's Ways to Use It Challenge

I pulled out some paper and started putting things together for today's Ways to Use It challenge on Splitcoast Stampers. I liked the paper combinations, but it just wasn't going to work with silver, so I made it gold. Then I pawed around in my paper scraps and found another piect that I think worked better with silver. The stamps I used were from Always and Short & Sweet. The gold card has all SU papers with the card base of Bashful Blue, then So Saffron and I think it's Afternoon Tea or Le Jardin, not sure which with the heart embossed in gold on Always Artichoke. The silver card has a card base of Baja Breeze with Always Artichoke and Kiwi Kiss for accent colors. The dp is a scrap and I have no idea where it's from, but I really like it.



Today's blog candy addition will be several handmade items that will be a surprise to the winner, but will involve a monogram! I will be back between noon and three to announce the winner. Thanks so much to everyone who left comments for my blogoversary celebration! Hugs, hugs, hugs to everyone!

Allison's new little one Avery is scheduled for surgery this week (got postponed last week) and so I would ask again for your prayers and good thoughts for Avery and Allison and the whole family. You can read about Avery here and see some wonderful pictures h
ere and here. Allison is a wonderful person and right now she needs our good thoughts and prayers. Thanks!

See you all a little later!

~chris

8 comments:

Theresa Momber said...

Wow, both of these cards are gorgeous! I love what you did with the sentiment on the first one. Very cool!

Jackie said...

I love both of those. Color combinations are great and I especially love the way you did the ribbon and sentiment on the second one, very clever!

Sabrina said...

Love the top card!
Sabrina

Diane said...

So beautiful Chris!!! Love the gold embossing,my favorite!!!
Yes,little Avery and her family are definitely in my thoughts and prayers!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the way the heart look so different. One white and one gold. That is really neat.

nicky w. said...

More beautiful cards. I like how you've threaded the ribbon and the stretchy cord. Gives the cards a lot of depth. Great color choices as usual. You really are an inspiration Chris!

Monica-FC said...

I love how you embossed both of these.

Anonymous said...

Ohh..love the last card..the white embossing on the olive green..yummo! Also love the detail with the punches!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....