Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Catching up with Courtney

Libby is celebrating one year of her From Courtney's Closet challenges! Way to go Libby! This is absolutely one of my favorite challenges and I made these two cards for the last two challenges.

From Courtney's Closet - Anniversary Edition #42

From Courtney's Closet - #43

Here are the pictures that inspired me:


My anniversary edition card is made with the very first clear stamp set I ever purchased. Can you believe this is the first time I have inked it up? I've had it forever too! It was very fun and it won't go back on the top shelf again. This card is all PTI except for the sentiment which is one of the under $10 goodies you can get from Stampin' Up!

My card for challenge #43 was made with a digital stamp I got from Sweet & Sassy Stamps called Cleo Clownfish. Ii stamped images from Ocean Commotion with Versamark on the card. The ribbon is from the $1 bin at Mikes and I cannot for the life of me remember where I got the ship's wheels, but they seemed perfect for this card. Card base is Tempting Turquoise and the stripes are Soft Sky that I dug out of my drawer of retired SU papers.

Well I think I did as much as I can do today. I'm going to emerge from my studio and see if DH is down there anywhere. I think I hear the sewing machine so he must still be working on the cover for Belmira's sail.

Thanks for visiting!

~chris

A Proud member of The Lime Light
Come visit us and see what we've been up to.
Design Team Member - Kaboodle Doodles

5 comments:

Monica-FC said...

I love the cards and the ladybug is just as cute as can be.

Diane said...

Oh you do such an exceptional job with Libbys challenge!
Love the fishy card!!!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Both cards are adorable. How'd you get that fish to match Courtney so perfectly?! :)

Juanita said...

What I really love about Courtney's Closet is that you always manage to find the perfect thing for your card that mimics something in her outfit (not just the color combo) You really do rock this challenge.

Libby Hickson said...

Well I couldn't agree with Juanita more, you *do* completely rock my challenges!! LOVE these cards - they are both just adorable. Love the little ladybug trails on the first one, and those little wheels are such a perfect embellie on the second. Love it!! Thanks so much for playing along, and being such a sweet friend and supporter of my blog!!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....