Pages

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Unity Owls

Unity is sponsoring a challenge this month using the Kit of the Month for April. I made this card thinking it was from the April kit and just realized that it isn't - yikes! Pulled out my big box and it's from the October, 2008 Kit of the Month. Oh well. I am going to get organized one of these days. I got some of the ScrapOnizer boxes and folders, but I don't have last years stamps in them. Need to get some more! I really like this storage system for cling mounted stamps. I had mounted mine on sheets of acetate inserted into page protectors. I was shopping on Ellen Hutson's site and saw a warning there that this is a BIG no-no as the chemical reaction between the cling foam and acetate creates a permanent bond. I managed to get most of my stamps off with only minimal damage but some of them will need to be completely remounted. The ScrapOnizer system takes care of that problem and they store very well on my shelf.

Any way, here's the card. Not the right kom, but I like it anyway.


This card uses most of the same papers as the other card I posted today with the exception of the Summer Sun and Tangerine Tango die cut daisies. The sentiment is from the Best Yet retired hostess set and it is mounted using a die cut from the matchbox die that is stamped with the frame from the Great Friend set in this years Occasions Mini catalog. I can see that I will be using this die and stamp combination alot as I really love it.

Thanks for visiting!

~chris

A Proud member of The Lime Light
Come visit us and see what we've been up to.
Guest Designer for Kaboodle Doodles

7 comments:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Love both the cards you posted today. I finally got a couple made and posted myself, and one of them has yellow too (and some black). Hoping to get some more made soon, too!

jacque4u2c said...

I love it! It looks great! the yellow hues have always been a fav of mine!

Monica-FC said...

I thinki the yellow is great with owls. makes it since there is green in the limb of the tree and such. love it.

Allison Rankin said...

Terrific creation...lots of fun!

Juanita said...

I still love this card, even if you got the wrong kit.

Unknown said...

Well it is a gorgeous card, regardless of which kit it came from! I haven't heard of the ScrapOnizer. I'm gonna have to check into it. :)

Diane said...

What a hoot of a card! Love the colors and your nesties and the flowers are gorgeous!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....