Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Splitcoast Color Challenge

I don't get around to playing the color challenge on SCS near often enough. Last night it popped up just before I was quitting for the night and I decided to give it a go. Oh my - Only Orange, Purely Pomegranate and Brilliant Blue. Emily, can you say "way too bright"!!!!! I dug around in my mostly unidentified pile of 6x6 designer papers just hoping to find something, anything that would work. Surprise, surprise, I found something and it's pretty nice to boot!


Card base is Brilliant Blue and I really, really didn't want to cover up that dp (if anyone recognizes it - pretty please tell me what it is) so I just dug up some ribbon and stamped my little Hero Arts butterfly, colored it and popped it up on some scalloped circles. I love that Hero Arts set - 4 butterflies that love, love, love to be embossed and colored. Picked it up at Mike's with a 40% off coupon - such a deal! The orange ribbon was some from the $1 bin at Mike's too. I still have a stash of both paper and ribbon in Purely Pomegranate and it's nice to be reminded to use it.

Thanks for visiting! Three posts today - don't know what got into me! Sabrina and I will be cooking up some goodies tonight and I'll show you tomorrow!

~chris

A Proud member of The Lime Light
Come visit us and see what we've been up to.
Design Team Member - Kaboodle Doodles

2 comments:

Monica-FC said...

I love the card and the brightness of it. it just grabs me. this is soooooooooooooooo gorgeous.

Juanita said...

great work, that DP is so fun.

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....