Pages

Monday, May 25, 2009

Downline Luncheon Projects

Well I forgot to bring my camera to the luncheon this afternoon. I do have pix of the projects we made though! Our wonderful hostess and super-duper upline Pat fed us a wonderful salad served with bread homemade by Roberta (who also grinds the wheat she uses!). We all had a wonderful time tucked into her cabin nice and cozy out of all the rain. Here are the projects we made:


I have seen the polished stone technique demonstrated, but never tried it myself so it was a real treat. We also inked up a texture plate and put it through the big shot. Mine didn't come out right the first time, so I reinked and put it through again. It looked intriguing, so I inked it up and turned the card sideways and sent it through again. I was very happy with the results! Lisa brought the lovely and elegant cattail card for us to make and it is going to make an appearance at one of my workshops very soon! Easy and oh so elegant!

Well, the long weekend is coming to a close and it's back to the office for me tomorrow. It will be a short week though and Saturday is our regatta so we will be on Belmira all weekend. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and we won't be dealing with thunder, lightning, rain, fog and the threat of snow! I am not what you would even generously call a seasoned sailor so I bail when the weather gets bad! The knee is coming along nicely and I really don't want to do anything stupid that will send me back to square one (or worse) so I am really hoping for nice weather!

Thanks for visiting!

~chris

A Proud member of The Lime Light
Come visit us and see what we've been up to.
Design Team Member - Kaboodle Doodles

4 comments:

Monica-FC said...

sou8nds like you all had a blast up there at the cabin. homemade bread to boot, WOW!!! lucky you!! I should make some now that you remind me. lol. keeps my fingers nimble. I love all the backgrounds on the cards and I i think all the cards are gorgeous as you all do a great on them. I always love seeing what you do.

Diane said...

You girls made some gorgoeus cards Chris and sounds like you enjoyed it,those get togethers are always so much fun!
I hope the weather cooperates for you over the weekend,wouldn't want to fall back to sqquare one indeed!
Don't work too hard now!

Juanita said...

These are all truly inspired. How were the cattails made?
You are right, these are all so elegant.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you gals had a good time and got cards accomplished,. and they are all very nice. Well, I like the word elegant too!! :-)

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....