Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2009

August Christmas Cards

Well, Tracy posed another great challenge for us for our Christmas cards this month - designer paper needs to be the focus!

Here's a picture of my parts and pieces:
I know that I have seen this paper saving technique somewhere before, but I thought I'd just put this up here to illustrate a way to save some paper. You do not need to have anything except the border showing, so why not use the insides to punch out some of your elements! I ended up with a bunch of extra ornaments and scallop ovals to use on other projects.

Here's the finished product:

Inside:

All together:

Card base is Always Artichoke. First layer is Brushed Gold, embossed layer is Always Ivory. Ornaments are punched in gold and the dp is from The Paper Company and is called Florentine Green & Gold. Sentiment on the outside is from PTI and is embossed in gold and punched and layered on gold. Inside sentiment is from Many Merry Messages and the ornaments are stamped in Apricot Appeal, Riding Hood Red and gold metallic and are from the Tree Trimmings set. Of course I had to use my trusty Fiskars corner punch too!

Thanks for visiting today!

~chris

A Proud member of The Lime Light
Come visit us and see what we've been up to.
Design Team Member - Kaboodle Doodles

11 comments:

Juanita said...

OOOH, AAAH. These are stunning!
I simply love the Always Artichoke with the gold. Fabulous.

Allison Rankin said...

Cool idea...love all those layers!

Virgo5 said...

Beautiful cards and great tip on saving cardstock!

Tracy.H said...

Beautiful! Love these. Thanks for playin' again this month. :0)

Dianne Forst said...

Great Job - Neat effect!

Denise Marzec said...

These are GORGEOUS!!

Diane said...

Such a neet idea!!! Wow those are stunning Chris!!! You did a marvelous job as always!

Sammye Jo said...

Gorgeous!

the Provident Woman said...

Those are great!!!

Just wanted to let you know that I'm having a giveaway on my blog through Sept. 9. theprovidentwoman.com

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I've never seen a punch for an ornament.

Monica-FC said...

berautiful and simple. for christmas.

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....