Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Clean & Simple Challenge #31 - Masculine Cards

This is the first time that I have played in the Splitcoast Stampers Monday clean and simple challenge. I thought I would try out what I learned from Cheryl (thanks again Cheryl!) before I forget how to do it. I stamped the fish from Nature Prints ...one of my all time favorite sets ... in Stazon on the canvas. I brushed it with Traditional Tan acrylic paint that I had thinned with water. On my first try I painted on the fish with more acrylic paint, but I really didn't like it as it was way too dark. This time I used distress inks to add some color instead and I like it a little better.

I have to figure out how to get the image to stamp darker - maybe I need a different kind of stamp though. I frayed the edges and mounted it on a piece of Soft Suede. The card base is also Soft Suede - I just love that color! The poor dp took a real beating. I stamped on it with two of the other stamps in the set and then put it through the Big Shot in an abstract embossing folder and then I sponged distress ink on the edges. The sentiment is from my birthday box and is from Stampendous. I used the punch/slider die combo on this. The little wheel is from some charms I got so long ago that I don't remember where I got them!

I had fun making this card and am definitely going to play with canvas and paint again!

Thanks for visiting.

~chris

A Proud member of The Lime Light
Come visit us and see what we've been up to.
Design Team Member - Kaboodle Doodles

4 comments:

Diane said...

Wow,that's really neat Chris!!
Perfect male card!!! Love it!

The Rubber Maid said...

I love your card, it is definetly a man's card and that's what you were going for. Love the anchor you attached as it goes so great with your fish. Pat

Monica-FC said...

this is so cool looking. love it

Juanita said...

This is so perfect. You did great with the challenge and I love the final result of this little bit of A2 art.

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....