Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Christmas Remake

I decided to remake a card that has some of my favorite colors and patterns. I made the original one in response to a Courtney's Closet Challenge way back in February. I jazzed up the flowers using the new Champagne Mist all purpose ink which will make it's debut in the new Holiday Mini catalog coming to mailboxes and demonstrations near you after September 1. This stuff is really wonderful. Flows on nice and smooth and really gives the surface a nice glimmer without obscuring the color of the cardstock completely. From what I have heard, the platinum version is much more opaque but I have not tried it yet. I also added some rhinestone brads (remember last month's sale!) and added an additional layer of white to make the polka dots pop a bit more. The sentiment is from a retired set called Best Yet. I wish the photo cold show the nice soft shimmer - I'm still working on my camera skills!

All in all a very glittery, somewhat non-traditional, Christmas card. What do you all think?

Well, I'm working away on several projects some of which I will be rolling out this coming week and some that are for dt projects that I'll show in the coming weeks.

Thanks so much for visiting!

~chris

A Proud member of The Lime Light
Come visit us and see what we've been up to.
Design Team Member - Kaboodle Doodles

2 comments:

Juanita said...

It is glittery, but I really like the pointsettas and the color combo. Great work on this re-make.

Monica-FC said...

love the card and the glitter

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....