Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2009

I love sketch challenges!

Here's my card for yesterday's sketch challenge on Splitcoast Stampers.

Card base is Always Artichoke. Image is from Lexicon of Leaves from SU and is stamped on Naturals Ivory and layered on - what else - Soft Suede! The dp is also from an SU designer paper pack that I don't have the name of off the top of my head. I'll come back later and put that info in when I can check my catty and look it up (it's from Thoroughly Modern). I stamped the image in Basic Brown and colored it with Koh-i-noor pencils and used oms and a blender stump to blend the colors. I love fall - warm, rich colors, freshly harvested yummy things like roasted chile peppers and fresh sweet corn! The bling is from the jewelry department at Hobby Lobby - don't limit yourself to just looking in the scrapbook section of your local craft stores - there's wonderful things to be had in other departments too!

Thanks for visiting today. Blog candy is coming ... I promise! I'm dashing off to the office today - the drive is home and copied onto a proper server and today the paralegals will be giving all the data a once over to see if there are any glaring issues. With over 800 gigabytes and 900k+ files - I don't envy them! I'm just glad to have the data home and safe where it belongs at last!

I'm not going to go into the whys and hows of my agonizing decision regarding my SU demo status. It was a personal decision and I am feeling amazingly liberated by it! SU felt they had to make the decisions they made and I had to make the decision I made. I hope they are as happy with theirs as I am with mine! I wish them luck. I will continue to use their products - right alongside all the other wonderful products that are available to me these days! Thanks for hanging in there with me while I sorted this all out. That will be it for the discussion on this topic on this blog.

ETA: My much more level headed uplines have convinced me that I need to stop and take a breath and wait and see before I jump the SU ship. They very realistically pointed out that I don't have to make a decision until the 30th of September. So I will be doing just that - waiting and seeing.

~chris

A Proud member of The Lime Light
Come visit us and see what we've been up to.
Design Team Member - Kaboodle Doodles

4 comments:

Juanita said...

It is a great card.
My biggest thing with the IDA is that a lot of great women have been brought into my life thought my blog and I have no intention of shutting down my blog just to hang onto a hobby demoship.
I respect your decision, but I am still waffling about what I will do...

Anonymous said...

SU has a lot of great products and ideas. But you are wonderfully creative and will continue to be whether you are a demo or not. Its unfortunate that they made this decision they will lose a lot of great demos, lots of money, and loyalty from customers. But in the end, your blog has 30k hits because of you, not because your a demo. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Great card! I think they're trying to be very controlling! 2 cents!

Monica-FC said...

I am out of the loop here about stampin up. but I love your card and everything you do.,

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....