Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Combined challenge

I saw Mercy's sketch challenge this morning and knew I had to do something with it. When I checked out the SCS color challenge I figured I could combine the two and this is the result!

Card base is Melon Mambo layered with dp from the Razzleberry Lemonade pack. Panel is Crushed Curry layered with Bermuda Bay. Embellishments were stamped on Very Vanilla with Bermuda Bay and Melon Mambo using Circle Circus and punches and a little bling added to dress things up a little. Ribbon is Crushed Curry and sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes in Melon Mambo on Very Vanilla layered on Melon Mambo.

This is a picture of what the sun looks like filtering through our air here today .... YIKES! It was uploaded to the local television station and I grabbed it to show you. The moon was orange/red last night the air is so full of smoke! Driving to Boulder this morning you could barely make out the outline of the mountains!


My hit counter went over the 30k mark, so watch for some candy tomorrow! Thanks so much for all your kind comments over the last year and half that I've been blogging. I was aprehensive when I first started this adventure, but it has turned out to be a treasured part of my daily life now thanks to all of you!

Thanks, really thanks alot, for visiting!

~chris

A Proud member of The Lime Light
Come visit us and see what we've been up to.
Design Team Member - Kaboodle Doodles

6 comments:

Juanita said...

What a great card. It is so happy!
I used to live in Calgary (just north of you beside the Canadian Rockies) and we would get the smoky haze from the BC Interior fires. The sky would be red for weeks!
I don't get that now that I am more inland :)

Allison Rankin said...

Freaky sun...but yes, have lived through that more than once! Super card...great colors and that stamp is great!

Diane said...

Lovely bright colors on this card!

LeAnne said...

What a pretty card---now that fall is in the air, I forget about those nice bright colors. I am feeling your SU pain, too. Haven't quite decided what I will do, I hate to throw seven years down the drain. They did amend some things today, so we'll see if anything else happens.
Hugs,
LeAnne

Monica-FC said...

I love this card how the circles are different colors. makes it so cool.

Monica-FC said...

I love this card how the circles are different colors. makes it so cool.

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....