Pages

Friday, September 11, 2009

Two cards to share

I have two cards to share with you today. One I couldn't post until it was in the hands of it's recipient (Happy Birthday Pat!) and one I made after our downline meeting. I was so stoked to make this card after seeing Kathy's gorgeous swap. I could hardly wait to get home and make it. I needed a sympathy card for someone at work and this was the perfect solution - I think anyway. Enough chatter, here's the cards - first up is Pat's birthday card:

I was inspired by Corinne Somerville (a fantastic Canadian stamper) to make Pat's card. Card base is Night of Navy, layered on that is a stamped panel with stamps from the Charming set in stamped-off Night of Navy for the medallion and straight Night of Navy for the flourish. I stamped the words from the Charming set on a piece of Kraft card stock and then inked up the flower stamp with my markers and stamped over the words, added the butterflies. I cut the edges of both panels with my deckle scissors and then sponged them with Soft Suede. The Sentiment is a misc birthday stamp stamped with versamark on Old Olive and embossed in gold. I notched the end with one of my square punches and added the binder clip as an accent. I think she liked it even though it was a little late!

Next card:


This card was inspired by Kathy's card (if you watch yesterday's slide show I know you will see which one it is) has a base of Always Artichoke. I layered a piece of Mellow Moss that I put through the Big Shot with a texturz plate that I had sponged with Always Artichoke (thanks Pat for teaching me that technique) onto a piece of Dusty Durango. The image panel is Crushed Curry sponged with Always Artichoke, Dusty Durango and Crushed Curry then painted with Champagne Mist all-purpose ink (available in the Holiday Mini). I stamped the tree (from Lovely as a Tree) in Always Artichoke craft ink and then applied clear embossing powder. The embossing powder stuck to the stamped image, but it also stuck to parts of the paint resulting in a really shimmery, shiny image panel. Sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes and is stamped in Always Artichoke on Naturals Ivory and punched with the Word Window punch. That is layered on a Lovely Label in Dusty Durango and that is layered on a Lots of Tags die cut in Always Artichoke. I added some Always Artichoke ribbon and a couple of gold brads to finish it off. I think that we will be making this in one of my workshops later this month. It can really work for many different occasions and the Teeny Tiny Wishes set will allow for lots of flexibility.

Thanks for visiting today!

~chris

A Proud member of The Lime Light
Come visit us and see what we've been up to.
Design Team Member - Kaboodle Doodles

8 comments:

Alex said...

GORGEOUS cards Chris!!! Corinne is a great friend - I am sure she will be thrilled that you CASEd her!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Monica-FC said...

I love both cards. your firenmd will love the birthday card. plus I love the background of the tree card. that is so neat looking. how was that done. so cool. sometimes you really need to do a tutorial on backgrounds on some of the cards you do as they are really groovy.,

Juanita said...

What fabulous cards. I really like both of them.
The birthday card is a great use of stamps to make backgrounds (I forget to do that) and the sympathy card is just serene and perfect.

Diane said...

OMG!!!! What beautiful cards! Love the sympathy card,the shimmer looks marvelous!

Allison Rankin said...

Super Chris...love 'em both! I really like that Charming set and you can never go wrong with Lovely as a Tree!

Joanne Travis said...

Both cards are so beautiful!! I love that Charming set.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

These are both beautiful!! I love the first one with the clip!! The shimmer on the sympathy card is gorgeous!!

LeAnne said...

Drat, I KNEW I should have gotten that charming set.....it is so my style, and that first card is great! So is the second---just an awesome background! TFS!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....