Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

Get Well Card

I have a good friend who is having surgery today so I made her this card. I'm hoping to make her a bunch and send them over the next few weeks to keep her cheered up! She teases me all the time about my "crafty crafts" activities, but I think she will like to receive the fruits of my labors anyway! She is an incredible ceramic artist and has been my teacher and mentor for many years. One of the truly "nice" people I know!


I've been on a bit of a "spring" color binge lately. Must be all the snow! The card base on this is Certainly Celery with accents of Lovely Lilac and Pixie Pink. The "fan" was cut with my Big Shot using the large scallop circle die then cut and folded. The cute little button is from PTI. I should tell you also that all the great gingham and polka dotted papers that you have been seeing me use over the last week or so come from some great digital paper packs that I got from Jessica Sprague. Not only does she offer some totally fantastic digital classes, but every Wednesday she has a $1 sale and I have picked up some truly remarkable deals there! SU restrictions won't allow me to give you a direct link to her, but you can Google her or send me an email and I'll tell you how to find her.

Thanks for visiting today!

~chris

A Proud member of The Lime Light
Come visit us and see what we've been up to.
Design Team Member - Kaboodle Doodles

If you have any questions about techniques or materials used in the work displayed on this blog, feel free to use the email link on the left and I will gladly answer your questions.

5 comments:

Pat said...

Wow I love it! The fan is a great technique. Thanks for sharing!

Myrna said...

Chris,
Love the gingham, button, fan -oh what the heck, I love the whole card. :)
Myrna

Jill said...

Ooh Chris I love that 'fan' effect, would never have thought of that - hey I'm learning all the time! Jill x

Diane said...

Cute Chris! I'm sure your friend will adore it!!! The sentiment is so cute!!!

Allison Rankin said...

What a good idea for an embelly! Fun layout too!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....