Pages

Monday, February 9, 2009

There's a new challenge in town!

My bloggy buddy Kath introduced me to a new challenge blog this weekend - The Pink Elephant Challenge! Here is Ella our hostess - isn't she adorable!


Well Ella has a challenge for us this week ... make a card using - what else - pink, black and white! How could a body resist, so I didn't. Here's my card:


Card base is Pretty in Pink. Designer paper is from PTI - isn't it gorgeous! Hearts were cut out using my heart nesties and embossed with the lovely heart from a retired SU set called Victorian Frame. Sentiment is from a SU set called Wonderful Words. Ribbon is Pretty in Pink from SU as well.

Thanks for visiting - hope you all have a wonderful week! This weekend is big for me - my ddl's birthday, v-day and my anniversary - all on the same day! Sounds like an occasion for some blog candy doesn't it? Come visit and find out!

~chris

A Proud member of
The Lime Light
Come visit us and see what we've been up to.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the card, but have to admit I fell in love with Ellie the Elephant! She would be adorable on a card of her own. Hope you have a super great weekend coming up - card is in the mail, but no where near as fabulous of all yours.
We love you all out there.
Dad and Sandy

Annie said...

Oh this is just gorgeous - I love everything about it. The embossing on the heart is beautiful and the trailing sentiment - just wow - I love it.
Thank you so much for joining the Pink Elephant challenge this week. I hope we will see more of your work in the future. Oh and have a great weekend too.

Ann xxx

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous image, and I recognize that paper--love it!

Robin said...

What a beautiful card!!! Thanks so much for joining in our challenge and we hope to see you back each week! Have a wonderful day.
Robin

Trudi said...

Love your card Chris! I really like the shade of pink you chose. Thanks for playing along this week!

Trudi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Denise Marzec said...

Very pretty!

Carol said...

Chris your card is gorgeous!! Right up my street as they say :)
Glad you could play along with us this week....hope to see you back again :)

Hugs
Carol x

Juanita said...

I love that heart stamp. You worked this challenge wonderfully. You should love everything about this card, it is perfect.

*~*Megali*~* said...

Beautiful card!! And I LOVE the Elephant!! Too cute!!

Diane said...

Oh how lovely!!!! ~~~Love it~~~!!!

Cat Tidwell said...

This is sooo gorgeous Chris, one of my favorite color combos too!! I must get that paper from PTI!! LOL!

Maria Matter said...

Christine, this is simply gorgeous! I love how you did the heart! I love this color combo!
Blessings, Maria

Monica-FC said...

now isn't that colors just so gorgowus. I love this card and so will anybody else who will get this in the mail. so pretty.

Unknown said...

This is so elegant & beautiful! I love the dimension!

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ....